2020 Legislative Review
Time & Location
About the event
On Thursday, June 25, 2020 from 12:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m., Pat Kelly, Executive Director of the Municipal League of Metro St. Louis, and Shanon Hawk, Director of Legislative Affairs at Armstrong Teasdale, LLP, will be discussing and will be discussing the outcomes of the 2020 Missouri legislative session and predictions for next year. *Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance to apply for continuing education credit from their respective organization.
· 2020 Bills of Municipal Interest, with Focus on:
o HB 1467 - modifies provisions re Missouri LAGERS;
o HB 1854 - an omnibus bill affecting political subdivisions, including CIDs and TDDs;
o SB 631 - modifies provisions re elections.
o SB 739 - prohibits political subdivisions/entities from entering into contracts with Boycott Israel organizations; and
· Impact of the New Laws; and
· Predictions for Next Year.
· City Administrators/Managers;
· City Clerks;
· Elected Officials; and
· Municipal Attorneys.
· Summary of Bills of Municipal Interest;
· Helpful State Website Reference List;
· Representative Contact List; and
· PowerPoint Presentation.